1.30.2009

XC Ski Break

After the Martin Luther King Holiday I had a very busy week planning my first xc ski trip. I joined the Solar group to build my qajaq and they have tons of other fun activities and classes. I decided to take cross country ski lessons with them. The lesson took place in Roscommon, Michigan at the XC Ski Headquarters.




So I invited myself up to my friend Sharon's place for the weekend. She is into xc skiing and had been inviting me for a while, so no, I'm not that pushy.







We actually had quite a group for the weekend at their hunting lodge called Nawaka. We had 10 people for the weekend. I didn't know they had snowmobiles, so I got my first real ride and it was a blast.










Saturday morning Sharon, Patty, Amiee, her new friend Jamie and I went just south of Mio to go cross country skiing. It was a lot of fun and I fell up and down every hill on our first loop. This was only my third outing on my new skis and of course the lesson wasn't until Sunday morning.































I got up early sunday and drove the hour and fifteen minutes to Roscommon for my lesson. This is a shot of the 3 mile long driveway out of Nawakwa.





I met 24 other Solorites on a very cold 10 below morning for our class. I finally learned how to get up after falling, coulda used that the day before!





I drove back to Nawakwa where we had another fun packed snowmobile ride and a nice relaxing evening in front of the fire. Sorry, no photos of the gathering by the fire, too tired to remember.





I drove home Monday just in time to get some more work done on the qajaq.

No comments:

Post a Comment